Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Drummer Of The Week

 


Billy Kilson

  Awwww man! Billy Kilson is one of the greatest jazz/ fusion drummer I have ever seen in my entire life. I remember the first time I ever saw him play was when my old band director showed a video to the jazz band last year and it was on a amazing trumpet player named Chris Botti. It was a concert that he did in Boston and me and a couple of the other drummers noticed this drummer in the background playing like a madman. It wasn't that he was going super animal or anything like that, it's the way he poured out himself when he was playing on the kit. This man was moving his entire body, flailing his arms, and was making the most over exaggerated faces when he was performing and I loved every minute of it. I knew that he was giving that 110% when he was playing because you can see it coming out of him when he plays. 
 
  Right now this usually where I would be talking about the drummers style but I can't put it into words on how much I love Billy's playing so I'm just going to set a link to a interview of Billy on Drum Cafe, which is right here. The interview talks about Billy's background, his style, and his experiences in learning on playing the drums. 
 
         
   So with out further a do here is Billy Kilson. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment