Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fede Rabaquino

Fede Rabaquino is a drummer I started following not that long ago and he has definitely made an impact with me. He has shown me that drumming doesn't always have to be so serious. I think with a lot of drummers that go on wanting to do this as a career they start getting more serious ,which is good, but sometimes we just need to stop and remember why we play the drums. From my personal experience I remember I went to this whole serious drumming phase and I was really focusing on how I can become a better drummer. Again that it isn't a bad but I did loose the reason why I played drums in the first place, I forgot on how fun it truly is.   One of the things that really stood out to me that I found out about Fede is that he is a mexican drummer and what I mean by that is he lives in Mexico and only speaks spanish , but that didn't stop him from making drum covers of The Police , Mana, Green Day, Lady Gaga, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and etc. He was willing to take a chance and do songs that he loved that were kind of out of his comfort zone because he loves drumming and music so much and he shows in it in his playing which also adds his own kind of style when he plays. I have so much respect for Fede because he truly knows what it is to have fun for what you love and that is a big part in my book.

     Please subscribe to his YouTube channel right here. I swear, you wont be disappointed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment