Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Start Of Somthing Pt. 2

   As my sophomore year came to an end and I was approaching my junior I realized that I have to step up my game even more. Not only was I going to be an upper classman but the kids that were coming in to band and drumline are going to look up to someone and that someone was me and I definitely wanted them to look up to me, but not as a person they just see and be intimidated by like how I was when I started, but someone that they can look up to, see, and ask for help without feeling uncomfortable. I didn't really want to be looked as a leader, but as a friend, colleague, or just someone they can go to if they are struggling with something. I remember ,I think it was in my second semester of my junior year, I just came to realized on how much I've grown as a drummer and as a musician. In all the progress I made from my freshman year to my junior I realized I wasn't the same drummer I was before and when I saw on how much I progressed I wanted to see how much father I can go. 

  Right now I'm in my last year in high school, captain of the schools drumline, percussion section leader for the school band, played in a couple musical groups, met some amazing musicians/ drummers who inspired and helped me in a big way. They helped me to become myself and now I'm just a musician falling in love with his instrument and wanting to learn more about as time goes on. 

    I barely touched the surface, now it's time to keep going and experience on what's to come... 

No comments:

Post a Comment