Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Drummer Of The Week

 


This Drummer Of the Week goes to Dave Weckl. Dave is absolutely one of my favorite drummers of all time! I can watch him play for hours and still be amazed since he is just so good. In my own words I can say that he is one of best fusion drummers and overall one of the best drummers of all time.
I was first introduced by him and his amazing playing around two years after I started playing and I was looking up drum videos on YouTube and I actually clicked on a video montage of drummers and Dave just happened to be one of them. It showed him playing to a track and I remember him doing all this these licks and chops and it sounded really off to me since at the time I was really only into rock/punk music and I here him playing to a latin/fusion track. I wasn't used to hearing any type of fusion music whatsoever, so right away I didn't like it since I was so used to a 4/4 rock beats.
 
 A couple years later once I really started opening to other styles of drumming and music I found another video of Dave and the only reason why I clicked on the video was because his name sounded very familiar so I winged it and watched the video. Once the video had ended I was instantly hooked because since I wanted to become a better drummer I was looking for something that was more challenging than just a simple rock beat. Seeing him play was definitely a inspiration. He is for sure one of those people that I can call more of musician than a drummer since he brings so much musicality in his playing and you can hear it when he plays the drums.
 
 Okay. So I think that's all I have to say for now...sooo....with out further a do here's DAVE WECKL!!! :)
 
 
                                                                                        



No comments:

Post a Comment