Monday, September 16, 2013

Drummer Of The Week

Aaron Spears

 Aaron Spears....Where do I begin? Well I can for sure say that he is on of the first drummers I really got into. I was on YouTube one day and it showed this video on the recommendation list of Aaron and it was his performance at the Modern Drum Festival in 2006, which by the way if any of you want to see it it's right here. I remembered when I saw that I was just blown away by his playing. I have never seen a drummer do what he can do and in another video he was explaining what he does when it comes to licks/chops and he shows that he uses a lot of triplets in his playing, which you think isn't that really hard, but then instead of playing a simple triplet pattern every time he switches his hands and moves the pattern around which really defines his sound and to this day he is still one of most well known respected drummers. His style that he plays is gospel/fusion but as I said before he switches it up a bit to make it his own sound and he definitely used it to make his mark in the drumming community and he even played with some big artists. 

  So now instead of me talking about Aaron I am just going to shut up so that way you can see him play. ENJOY! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment